Heather in Senegal

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Local kids like to discribe what toubobs are doing. When I am biking people will come up beside me and say, "The Toubob is biking!" Today I had a mango in my hand and heard, "Toubob is holding a mango." People have looked in on me working at the garden and told me, "The Toubob can dig," and occasionally, "The Toubob can't dig." My favorite of these commentaries came recently when Alexis's boyfriend, Al, was biking through town holding their half-grown puppy under one arm. Al was speeding to get out of the pouring rain, and the dog was bouncing up and down on his knees. As Alexis and Al hurried past, a kid called out, "The Toubob stole a dog!"

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Ellia said...

No, wait, maybe this one's my favorite. Hilarious.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home